Celebrate World #BabywearToThrive Day on April 23, 2015! This day is in honor of all the children with special needs across the world that benefit from babywearing. Lift Me Up officially launched on April 23, 2014. In that short time, we have served over 300 families in 40 states and Canada. We are celebrating not only our recipients, but families ALL over the world who babywear to thrive. Keep reading to learn how you can participate:
Some highlights over the past year:
- Serving over 300 families in our #BabywearToThrive program
- Receiving the 2014 Best Outreach Program Award through BWI
- Working with amazing companies who have given generously of their talents in order to help our mission succeed. We are continually in awe.
- Participating in our first International Babywearing Conference in Arizona
Here's what YOU can do:
- Start today with spreading the word about our World #BabywearToThrive celebration April 23rd
- Use the above World #BabywearToThrive image in your social media postings and/or profile picture leading up to, and especially on the day of, April 23rd. (Eek! Be on the lookout for a fun contest with this in mind!)
- Share your stories and pictures with us by adding the hashtag of #BabywearToThrive (Psst: another contest teaser - keep your eye peeled!)
- Wear your Lift Me Up shirts, whether the originals from last year, or the new World #BabywearToThrive shirt we just rolled out. We can't wait to see pictures!!
Our goals for World #BabywearToThrive Day include:
- To provide a platform for families who are using babywearing for developmental benefits to feel a part of a greater community; all linked together on one day under the same mission.
- To increase awareness about babywearing for families who have children with special needs.
- To spread the movement that # BabywearToThrive is more than just for children with special needs. It is for inclusion of ALL children, and fostering the best developmental environment possible. Babywearing makes this possible and ANYONE can #BabywearToThrive.
Lift Me Up is a non-profit program which provides ergonomic babywearing carriers to families who have children with special needs. Babywearing is a unique therapeutic tool that can benefit both the child and the caregiver. We provide carriers to qualified families who have a child with a developmental special need and who do not already own a carrier.
Lift Me Up was co-founded by 3 mamas: Kristin, Sarah, and Rachel. You can click on our names to learn more about our passion for babywearing children with special needs, and how we each have unique backgrounds that help our mission thrive. And yes, these are ALL our children. All boys. All 9 of them.
We are busy moms who volunteer our time to raise money, connect with companies, purchase and acquire ergonomic carriers, review applications, and ship them out to our qualified recipients.
We have served over 300 families since we launched our program one year ago. It takes us many, many hours to review hundreds of detailed applications each month. We work hard to provide carriers to as many qualified applicants as possible.
We not only provide them with carriers, but we follow-up with each of our families to learn how babywearing is helping them thrive. We love hearing how babywearing is helping with their child's sensory issues, regulating their temperature as infants, providing the correct positioning to improve hip dysplasia issues, helping keep g-tubes and oxygen wires in place instead of being tangled and twisted, allowing their child to feel safe and secure, or helping the caregiver cope with daily tasks such as washing the dishes or handling doctor appointments - all because they have their hands free, thanks to the carrier.
Here are a few of our recipients we've had the privilege of serving. These children face challenges such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, Down syndrome, osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bone disease), autism, and many more diagnoses. Their spirits are beautiful, and we feel privileged to help their families thrive.
* Changing your profile pic to the World #BabywearToThrive Day image
* Sharing your story of how you #BabywearToThrive and use the hashtag!
* Wearing your Lift Me Up t-shirt and post a pic to our Facebook page.
* Participating with us on Instagram and Twitter @liftmeupbaby by joining in our contests and giveaways we'll be doing to celebrate the whole week!
Posted on Wed, April 15, 2015